Posts tagged with ‘photos’
Last night I made Gluhwein! It’s the ideal drink for a German Winter.
Here’s how you can make it, too:
- 1 litre bottle cheap red wine
- 30z/75g sugar (to taste)
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or stick cinnamon
- juice of 1 orange and 1 lemon
- Pour wine into a saucepan and add remaining ingredients (you can put whole spices in muslin).
- Heat until nearly boiling and strain (if necessary) into a warm bowl.
- Serve warm.
My Special Tip
- Add bourbon or some othe hard liquor
Passive aggressive German washing machine.
Potsdamer Platz generally freaks me out for some reason. Probably because it’s a piece of Berlin that really doesn’t feel like Berlin (at least to me and that’s coming from an auslander). But, I have to admit I love their holiday decorations.
We walked to this lake by our cabin/barn, mud up to our shins. The wind was wild and whipping the water in a sorta show of dominance. I thought it was pretty anyways.
chicago cat moments.
Laying like broccoli, beers and butter cookies. Mike, Scott, Natalie and Abby thank you for a sublime sunday sesh. You guys rock.
A few of my favorite people.
Our friendship in a nutshell.
Abby’s moving to the US in a week. We threw her a surprise party & it was lovely &she was very surprised.
Here’s some pics.
The symphony, dogs and outings. Berlin.
Berlin. Night rides, Communication Museum, Jewish Memorial, Mitte.